Customers get many benefits from doing business with IAS accredited metal building assemblers. Accredited companies have demonstrated a higher-level commitment to ensure that projects have management and field practices that meet IAS Standards. Each accredited company is inspected yearly by a third party to confirm that they continue to uphold the standards. Architects, general contractors, manufacturers, and owners receive the following benefits by selecting accredited companies to erect their buildings.
- Greater confidence that metal buildings will be assembled according to specifications, costs, and deadlines.
- Level of assurance that the metal building assembler meets or exceeds standards (OSHA, ASCE, AISC, IBC, etc. ).
- Assurance that an independent, nationally recognized accrediting organization has evaluated the metal building assembler across multiple areas (erection activities, safety, training, management system, personnel qualifications, compliance with project specifications) and found it meets the industry accreditation standard.
- A higher level of confidence in the quality, safety, and services offered by the metal building assembler. Accreditation makes a strong statement to the community about an organization’s efforts to provide the highest quality services.
- Confidence that the assembler has the appropriate protections in place to ensure staff competence and supervision, physical safety, privacy, handling of complaints, etc.
- Verification that the assembler has the required insurance coverage (workmen’s compensation, comprehensive general liability, comprehensive automobile liability, umbrella excess comprehensive general and comprehensive automobile).
- Assurance there is a quality improvement process in place to continually improve services.
- Confirmation that assemblers have processes in place to meet changes within the industry and in the public’s expectations.
- Assurance that accredited assemblers subject themselves to periodic inspections and on-site assessments in order to maintain their accredited status.
- Total Project Assurance. Architects, specifiers, builders, and owners can order a metal building system designed and fabricated by an IAS accredited metal building systems company. Then, they can have it assembled by an IAS accredited metal building assembler. IAS accredits metal building system manufacturers to accreditation criteria AC472 and accredits metal building assemblers to accreditation criteria AC478.
Toll-free: 1-866-427-4422, Email: [email protected], Web: www.iasonline.org