Everyone in the building business touts Design/Build as me too, quicker/cheaper.
The fact is that the right design team, coupled with competent builders often can help drive the design forward.
How do we drive the process?
1. As builders we must have speed in our processes to survive.
2. As builders we gauge the costs compared to the design early on in the process.
3. We accelerate the construction schedule by moving forward with early phases (site work as an example) to accelerate the whole project schedule.
The bottom line is, while traditional processes are grinding along, struggling with budgets, re-working plans and possibilities, Design-Build teams are energized to get the project on-line and completed faster.
The benefits to be gained by utilizing the Design-Build process include—
- Single-source responsibility
- Project costs established sooner
- Condensed construction schedules
- More innovative solutions
- Greater control
- Team approach
- Fewer changes
- Improved risk management
This chart demonstrates how the Design-Build method streamlines the building process and can “fast track” your project. While we’re applying for permits and working drawings are being finalized, site work would begin while decisions can be made about the building’s interior.